Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Masked Identity

Title: Creature
Materials: 
-Tracing Paper
-Gel Medium
-12 inch gauge wire
-Green Spray Paint
-Black Spray Paint

Final Product




In Process Photos

Photos that inspired me

Artist Statement: 
     For this project we had to somehow make a mask made out of tracing paper, wire, and gel medium. I chose to do something out of the ordinary and did an alien like mask. This mask portrays the scary side to a person. It may not be pretty but we love that person regardless, especially if he/she is a part of the family or a close friend. I know in class I said it did not represent anything but a scary mask but this mask portrays a lot more than that and has a deeper meaning. This mask did take a little bit of time, I would say near 30-40 studio hours. It was an interesting and time consuming project. I know many people in my class did something nonrepresentational but I wanted to do something out of the box and have the mask represent something deeper.







No comments:

Post a Comment