Thursday, December 7, 2017

Masking Tape Shoes

Title: Van Masking Tape Shoes
Dimensions: 10 inches in length and 3 inches in width
Materials:
-Masking Tape
-X-acto knife
-Cutting Mat
-Scissors
-Pair of Sneakers





Final Outcome










                                    In Process Photos








      These shoes are solely constructed in masking tape, nothing else. These shoes are a representation of my blue size seven van sneakers. The details within the sneakers are everything that I saw within the sneaker itself, which include the tongue of the shoe, various marks and textures, as well as the textured bottom. My process consisted of making the bottom of the sneaker first and building up. I had a strong base since I covered it with a thick layer of masking tape and tried to smooth it to the best that I could. The inspiration was from Vans since I really like the sneakers and thought it was a good idea if I did a shoe that I like and try to create. This piece was completely finished in 40 studio hours, it was not easy to do! The sneakers that I used to try this assignment are not wearable anymore but this piece represents the travel and footsteps I have taken in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment