Thursday, December 7, 2017

Map Relief


Title: Banff 
Dimensions: approximately 4 feet in length and 1 feet in width
Materials: 
-Cardboard
-Paper Straws
-Brown Spray Paint
-Green Acrylic Paint
-Green paper
-White Paint
-Tracing Paper
-Scissors
-X-acto Knife
Final Outcome

 











 In Process Photos
























For this next assignment we had to construct a map of anything. I took this assignment literally and did a map of Banff, Canada since I went to Canada for ten days and absolutely loved it ! This project is constructed out of cardboard and spray paint. This was a project that I had fun with since it reminded me of such a fun memory. This project took me over 40 studio hours but it did not really feel like it took that long. In Canada they have hills and mountains, as well all know, and I wanted to somehow construct that. So for height for the hills I used paper straws to give the hills more height. Also the lake that is shaped like a wolf is actually the exact shape of the lake that I saw in Canada. 

Inspiration




No comments:

Post a Comment