Thursday, December 7, 2017

Soap Carving

Title: Two turtles
Dimensions: 8 inches in length and 3 inches in width
Materials:
-soap carving tools
-2 bars of soap



 In Process Photos





For this assignment we had to pick an animal and carve it twice out of soap. I chose a sea turtle and tried my hardest to get everything proportioned and detailed. This was a really difficult assignment but I think I managed it pretty well. This assignment took me well over 40 studio hours, I would suggest picking an easier animal if you would like to try this assignment! For the first attempt (grey soap) it was difficult trying to replicate the exact animal. When a mistake is made it was very difficult to try to fix. However, carving the soap and carefully chipping away soap inch by inch is the way to actually do it correctly. The second attempt only took a few hours since I managed to get the process. 

*Also I am very sorry for not adding final photos of my two turtles, my professor was late on the grading and I left before she graded them * 

No comments:

Post a Comment