Thursday, December 7, 2017

Memento Project

Title: In Loving Memory
Dimensions: 6 inches in width and 9 inches in length
Materials:
-wire
-purple ink
-hot glue



Final Outcome










In Process Photos 










For this assignment we had to construct a "souvenir" that was from a memory that we had in our lives. I chose to make a butterfly since it represents my grandmother's favorite animal and it portrays her as well. My grandmother passed away three years ago and thought I would make something in her memory. The butterfly is a symbol of her since she was so gentle and kind. A butterfly does not have one mean bone in it's body, neither did my grandmother. I had a deep, emotional connection with my grandmother and I miss her everyday! I know she is in a better place and I am happy to have had made this in her honor. The butterfly took less than 20 studio hours. 

Inspiration




No comments:

Post a Comment